Here’s an important message to CounterPunch readers from
Here at CounterPunch we love Barbara Ehrenreich for many reasons: her courage, her intelligence and her untarnished optimism. Ehrenreich knows what’s important in life; she knows how hard most Americans have to work just to get by, and she knows what it’s going to take to forge radical change in this country. We’re proud to fight along side her in this long struggle. We hope you agree with Barbara that CounterPunch plays a unique role on the Left. Our future is in your hands. Please donate.
Yes, these are dire political times. Many who optimistically hoped for real change have spent nearly five years under the cold downpour of political reality. Here at CounterPunch we’ve always aimed to tell it like it is, without illusions or despair. That’s why so many of you have found a refuge at CounterPunch and made us your homepage. You tell us that you love CounterPunch because the quality of the writing you find here in the original articles we offer every day and because we never flinch under fire. We appreciate the support and are prepared for the fierce battles to come.
Unlike other outfits, we don’t hit you up for money every month … or even every quarter. We ask only once a year. But when we ask, we mean it.
CounterPunch’s website is supported almost entirely by subscribers to the print edition of our magazine. We aren’t on the receiving end of six-figure grants from big foundations. George Soros doesn’t have us on retainer. We don’t sell tickets on cruise liners. We don’t clog our site with deceptive corporate ads.
The continued existence of CounterPunch depends solely on the support and dedication of our readers. We know there are a lot of you. We get thousands of emails from you every day. Our website receives millions of hits and nearly 100,000 readers each day. And we don’t charge you a dime.
Please, use our brand new secure shopping cart to make a tax-deductible donation to CounterPunch today or purchase a subscription our monthly magazine and a gift sub for someone or one of our explosive books, including the ground-breaking Killing Trayvons. Show a little affection for subversion: consider an automated monthly donation. (We accept checks, credit cards, PayPal and cold-hard cash….)
To contribute by phone you can call Becky or Deva toll free at: 1-800-840-3683
Thank you for your support,
Jeffrey, Joshua, Becky, Deva, and Nathaniel
CounterPunch PO Box 228, Petrolia, CA 95558
Atzmon in America
Gilad Atzmon’s tour of the USA.
- Monday, May 13 5pm KPFA radio interview for Flashpoints
- Tuesday, May 14 6:30pm- 830pm East Portland Community Center, 740 SE 106th Ave.
- Wednesday, May 15 7pm “Dennis Bernstein in conversation with Gilad Atzmon” event at Uptown Body Shop 401 26th St. Oakland 19th St. BART
San Diego, CA
- Thursday, May 16 5:45 p.m. – 7:45 p.m North Park Recreation Center 4440 Idaho St. San Diego, 92104
Los Angeles, CA
- Friday, May 17 7pm Screening of the 1-hr documentary “Gilad and All That Jazz” Levantine Cultural Center 5998 W. Pico Blvd, LA 90035
- Friday, May 17 9pm (two sets, intermission) “Mideast Masters of Jazz: Gilad Atzmon & Zane Musa” presented by Roseanne Barr, a LevantineMint joint event; The Mint 6010 W. Pico Blvd., LA 90035
Santa Barbara, CA
- Saturday, May 18 meeting
- Sunday, May 19 3:30pm- 5:30pm “Gilad and All That Jazz” film screening & talk
- Tuesday, May 21 The Glass Nickel Pizza
- Wednesday, May 22, Appearance on CROE.TV
- Friday, May 23 Event at B-Bop Records 137 N. Michigan St. Toledo, Ohio
- Friday, May 24, Meeting
- Saturday, May 25 10pm @fat cat 75 Christopher at 7th Ave. NYC
- Sunday, May 26 4:30pm-7pm @Smalls Jazz Club 183 West 10th St. Greenwich Village, NYC
- Tuesday, May 28 7-9pm “Grooving with Gilad” @Madam’s Organ 2461 18th St., NW, Washington, DC