Exclusively in the new print issue of CounterPunch
THE LAST TOXIC GASP OF NUCLEAR POWER — Inside the dynamite new issue of CounterPunch magazine: John LaForge takes an unflinching survey of the state of the nuclear power industry in the wake of Fukushima: its ailing plants, leaking pipes, security threats, accumulating radioactive waste and escalating costs. David Macaray charts the end of the middle class in America over the last 50 years: declining incomes, growing debts, and mounting insecurity. Harry Browne recounts his journey by boat from Ireland to Wales to meet the family of Chelsea Manning. Lee Hall exposes the latest lethal scam of the cattle industry: a plan to slaughter elk in the Yellowstone country. Plus: Jeffrey St. Clair on reading Camus in the time of drones; JoAnn Wypijewski on watching the Super Bowl with union laborers; Mike Whitney on the return of crappy mortgages; Chris Floyd on the selling and re-reselling of Bob Dylan; Kristin Kolb on the NYT’s poverty porn; and Lee Ballinger on the art of Tiffany Gholar.
Gilad Atzmon’s tour of the USA. Berkeley, CA Monday, May 13 5pm KPFA radio interview for Flashpoints Portland, OR Tuesday, May 14 6:30pm- 830pm East Portland Community Center, 740 SE 106th Ave. Oakland, CA Wednesday, May 15 7pm “Dennis Bernstein in conversation with Gilad Atzmon” event at Uptown Body Shop 401 26th St. Oakland 19th St. BART San […]
Atzmon in America
Gilad Atzmon’s tour of the USA.
- Monday, May 13 5pm KPFA radio interview for Flashpoints
- Tuesday, May 14 6:30pm- 830pm East Portland Community Center, 740 SE 106th Ave.
- Wednesday, May 15 7pm “Dennis Bernstein in conversation with Gilad Atzmon” event at Uptown Body Shop 401 26th St. Oakland 19th St. BART
San Diego, CA
- Thursday, May 16 5:45 p.m. – 7:45 p.m North Park Recreation Center 4440 Idaho St. San Diego, 92104
Los Angeles, CA
- Friday, May 17 7pm Screening of the 1-hr documentary “Gilad and All That Jazz” Levantine Cultural Center 5998 W. Pico Blvd, LA 90035
- Friday, May 17 9pm (two sets, intermission) “Mideast Masters of Jazz: Gilad Atzmon & Zane Musa” presented by Roseanne Barr, a LevantineMint joint event; The Mint 6010 W. Pico Blvd., LA 90035
Santa Barbara, CA
- Saturday, May 18 meeting
- Sunday, May 19 3:30pm- 5:30pm “Gilad and All That Jazz” film screening & talk
- Tuesday, May 21 The Glass Nickel Pizza
- Wednesday, May 22, Appearance on CROE.TV
- Friday, May 23 Event at B-Bop Records 137 N. Michigan St. Toledo, Ohio
- Friday, May 24, Meeting
- Saturday, May 25 10pm @fat cat 75 Christopher at 7th Ave. NYC
- Sunday, May 26 4:30pm-7pm @Smalls Jazz Club 183 West 10th St. Greenwich Village, NYC
- Tuesday, May 28 7-9pm “Grooving with Gilad” @Madam’s Organ 2461 18th St., NW, Washington, DC