Volume 20 no 6
CounterPunch Magazine, June 2013
Read as a PDF
Purchase Print Issue
In this Issue:
- A Social History of Wiretaps: Anthropologist David Price recounts the history of government wiretaps in America.
- Twilight of the Post-World War II Order: Peter Lee profiles the new Japan: aggressive, militaristic, nostalgic for the old empire
- My Hollywood Adventure With the CIA: John Eskow recounts his experience writing the screenplay for Air America, the film which exposed CIA drug-running during the Vietnam War.
- Malaysia on the Knife Edge: Nile Bowie reports from Kuala Lumpur on the rising Islamist movement
- Accidental Racism? Lee Ballinger on the strange duet between Brad Paisley and LL Cool J in the context of the New South
- Jeffrey St. Clair on The CIA Came at Night
- JoAnn Wypijewski on Life Against Death
- Chris Floyd on Shamming Into Syria
- Mike Whitney on The Worst of Times for Workers
- Kristin Kolb: Ave, Angelina